April 20, 2008

Yosemite



After NorCal I spent twelve hours in the R-Side before leaving again to Yosemite. Ah, my fingers were still recovering from splitting four pads at the tram earlier this week. Got in Friday night and stayed with this strapping ranger. Ladies, from what I hear he's free. Let me know if you want his number. Who can resist a man in uniform?

There was a big crew, and we didn't stray too far from the beaten path. John, Shannon, and Casey were all present for Shannon's birthday - she turns 30! Wooo! We partayed at Ranger Rave '08 in federal employee housing. Nothing puts a damper on festivities like having two cop cars parked on your street.

Climbing wise, the trip was a little...eh. I opened up a pad in the first hour, and tape helped make Thriller nearly impossible. Not that things would have been otherwise without it. I flashed the Force (V9), a sexy little climb next door. To be fair, I'd tried it once a few years ago, but come on, that doesn't count, does it? The next day was the next day, so we weren't quite to spunky. Justin and I had an epic contiguous pair of sends on the King Cobra Sit Start (V9), a climb that was much harder than it should have been.

Yosemite is 7 hours away, so I don't think I'll be making that commute again soon. Or course it was worth it, both to see old friends and to celebrate Shannon's 30th. Everyone let her know horah!

7 comments:

shannon said...

27! 27272727272727!!! god dammit!

Anonymous said...

looks like you sent the Farce? and did not flash it....

Alan Moore said...

The Farce never existed - the Force was always simply a V9. Flash...what's in a flash anyway? Ha!

J V said...

Looks like anonymous is from Boulder, Co. Gotta love'em.

shannon said...

how do you know they're from boulder? cause they're both a douchebag and too chickenshit to write their name?

Kevin said...

You did the Force but didn't flash it, I tried it with you years ago be honest with yourself and us.

I also take offense to these boulder bashing comments from the rocket scientist.

Justin said...

Why Kevin, you're not from boulder.